Question: When are my purchases sales tax exempt? How do I let my vendors know?

Answer: By completing an exemption certificate you will need to answer specific questions regarding what the purchase is for.  If the purchase is for resale-you will also need a seller’s permit and will need to provide your vendor with an exemption certificate. When in doubt, always contact WDR with specific questions.

Question: How do I find our if my product or service is sales taxable?

Answer: The Wisconsin Department of Revenue website has many sales and use tax publications that may help you determine if your product or service is taxable. You may also refer to Chapter 77 of the Wisconsin statutes.  Questions about Wisconsin sales and use tax laws may be directed to the Department’s Customer Service Bureau.

Telephone:(608) 266-2776